Archive for category Tech


Those darn search engines….

Posted by on Friday, 26 November, 2004

:( I checked the status of this webpage in the big search engines, and I can’t say that I’m overjoyed by the results, even though my webpage shows up pretty high in the rankings.

I searched using the terms “johan groth japan” and this is the results I got:

Yahoo : Ranked 25th (Not bad…)
MSN : 2nd (WOOHOO!)
Google : Not ranked within the first 400… However, I am mentioned on 17th place on the international site (3rd on the Swedish) through a friend’s webpage (thanks Henrik!)
Webcrawler : 10th (Yeah! But this is a meta-search engine, so maybe it doesn’t count…?)
Lycos : 3rd (OH YEAH!)
HotBot : 3rd (Coool!)

So there you have it, and also the reason for my not being 100% happy. When GOOGLE has like, 115% market share, does it even matter where the other search engines rank you? *sigh*

So if anyone has any tips on how to get Google to index my pages, just let me know. I’ve seen their damn spider in the weblogs, so they HAVE been there, that’s for sure.


Cleaning up the HTML….

Posted by on Wednesday, 24 November, 2004

Well, some technical info for anyone (anybody? helloooo???) who is interested…

I’m trying to clean up the whole website and make it 100% HTML 4.01 compliant. This is the first step towards making it XHTML-compliant, which will be my next step.

(Note, it does not include this weblog, since I didn’t code it – and it’s too much of a hassle to edit other people’s sources…)


Well… I’ve cleaned up all HTML within the ‘johan’ subfolder; except for the frame-index. It seems it’s impossible :crazy: to get frames with no framespacing and still use valid HTML 4.01. So I scrapped the idea of using a valid frameset and instead used another validator – a custom one made by someone who actually understands the stupidity of NOT allowing either ‘framespacing’ or ‘border’ as attributes for frameset. Thanks to Jukka Korpela! :satisfied:


Testing the new Weblog software!

Posted by on Friday, 3 September, 2004

OK, here we go. Finally a new journal/weblog software is installed!

This seems to look pretty good, with onyl some small design-fixes needed!